I was up early both morning this weekend, focused on catching up on some of the songbirds that have moved into our area. I didn’t find nearly as many warblers as I’d hoped, but with some decent yard birding, I added a total of 15 species to my Orange County 2023 list this week. On Saturday morning I birded Cedar Hill Cemetery (just north of Newburgh), and then went to Kendridge Farm. On Sunday I went to Port Jervis and birded Laurel Grove Cemetery and Elks Brox Memorial park.
Here’s a list of the birds I added to my OC list this week:
- Baltimore Oriole, 05/08/23, my yard
- Great Crested Flycatcher, 05/09/23, my yard
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 05/12/23, my yard
- Red-eyed Vireo, 05/13/23, Cedar Hill Cemetery
- Eastern Wood-Pewee, 05/13/23, Cedar Hill Cemetery
- Magnolia Warbler, 05/13/23, Kendridge Farm
- Blue-winged Warbler, 05/13/23, Kendridge Farm
- Green Heron, 05/13/23, Kendridge Farm
- Common Nighthawk, 05/13/23, my yard
- Pine Warbler, 05/14/23, Laurel Grove Cemetery
- Scarlett Tanager, 05/14/23, Elks Brox Park
- Prairie Warbler, 05/14/23, Elks Brox Park
- Blackpoll Warbler, 05/14/23, Elks Brox Park
- Northern Parula, 05/14/23, Elks Brox Park
- Common Gallinule, 05/14/23, Liberty Loop
Tricia and I are heading to Ireland for vacation at the end of this coming week, so unless something really interesting happens this week, this will be my last post for a couple of weeks. I look forward to sharing my experiences in Ireland when I get back; this time I am planning to get back to the Cliffs of Moher, so that will be exciting.
6 thoughts on “Sunday Shots, 05/14/23”
Have a wonderful trip. Let’s get together when you get back. To you and Tricia … have fun and be safe!
Thanks Miller, I’ll hit you up when we get back. Matt
Great photos ! Have a great trip -Safe travels !
Thanks Liz on both counts! Matt
Have a great Holiday Matt. Thank You for all you do.
Thanks Derek, and it’s my pleasure. Thanks for reading the blog and for checking in – it’s always appreciated. Matt